MAKING CORPORATE BOARD MORE EFFECTIVE
The enormous complexity that businesses grapple with today, fastened regulatory environments, and high public perception and scrutiny, have led to aggravated pressures in the boardroom. These demands have created a type of boardroom culture that suggests board effectiveness. Boards are typically full of competent, experienced, and well-intentioned people, yet, it is no cliche to assert that many of the business failures found in news headlines in recent times can be traced to poor governance and decision-making.
This increasingly substantiates the fact that boards play a vital role in overseeing the activities of the management, monitoring strategic planning, and assessing the overall performance of the organisation. The board’s role and responsibilities vary from one organisation and industry to the next. The Boards must develop practices that suit the unique needs of the company and management.
Participants will get the knowledge and skills to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the board’s responsibilities in areas such as financial resilience, strategic direction, executive compensation, and regulatory compliance.
- Contribute more meaningfully to corporate oversight activities.
- Discover strategic and organizational issues facing corporate boards and how to address those challenges.
- Foster a culture of continuous strategy evaluation and assessment.
- Effectively work more with fellow directors and company management to strengthen governance, manage unexpected crises, and make decisions that drive long-term corporate success.
- Discover how to enhance and focus your own board’s efforts.
Who To Attend?
- Board Members
- C-Suite Executives
- Principal Partners and those aspiring to a board role.